Mission statement of St. John’s United Church of Christ
Remembering that God calls us through Christ to be ministers with each other, St. John’s United Church of Christ, as inspired and directed by the Holy Spirit, seeks:
To be inclusive and accessible to all people;
To provide loving service to all of God’s people through mission and ministry;
To strive for righteousness, justice and peace
Who We Are
The members and friends of St. John’s United Church of Christ welcome all persons, regardless of ethnic heritage, sexual orientation, religious backgrounds, etc.
- We believe that each person is unique and valuable.
- We believe that each person is on a spiritual journey, and that each of us is at a different stage of that journey.
- We believe that small changes can make a big difference, as we lend our service to our community, and minister to those in need.
- We believe in supporting families as they grow within the warm environment of the church.
- We believe that a church that brings God’s Word to people in every situation, from all walks of life, helps them to grow in love and service to Our Creator and Lord.
- We believe in the power of peace, and work for non-violent solutions to local, national, and international problems.
At St. John’s United Church of Christ, our goal is to glorify Christ by building strong, united families equipped for His service. We encourage our families to learn, worship, fellowship and serve together.
No matter how or where we serve Jesus Christ, the people of our congregation are focused on joyfully doing God’s work. We live out our call to mission and ministry by engaging in ministry with the poor, combating diseases of poverty by improving health globally, creating new places for new people and renewing existing congregations, and developing principled Christian leaders.